Foundations are important. In the world of digital analysis and design, data is the foundation. Even with the best engineering, analysis, and design, if your data is wrong the results will be wrong. Is your data solid? Hello Do you know where it came from? Could you even tell if it was wrong?
- Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States.
- Bridge Scour is the leading cause of bridge failure Services in the United States.
- Levees received a D- grade from the ASCE Report Card for American Infrastructure.
- Pollution makes 40% or our nations rivers and streams unfit for fishing and swimming.
- Habitat along riparian corridors has been lost or tempo altered (up to 70%).
Before beginning to address any of these issues a solid foundation of appropriate data must be collected, processed, and made available to those who need it. According to wholesale nba jerseys the National Research Council of the National Academies, “Topographic data are the most important factor in determining flood elevations and the extent of flooding.” Even though this is true, many people working on the issues mentioned above don’t fully understand the data they are working with.
Anyone who has taken cheap nfl jerseys a hydraulics or fluid mechanics course has probably been given something like this;
Of course to solve the problem use the Manning’s equation and get your answer. Once you are out of school and need to solve a similar problem there arises a whole list of questions that were not covered in school.
- Where do I get the elevation data to figure out what my cross section looks like? (both above and below Nedir? water)
- How Global do I determine the slope of the channel?
- How do I figure out my n values?
- What flow should I use?
- What is my tail water depth?
The point being, in school all of the data is just given to you and you solve the problem. In the real world knowing what data you need wholesale nfl jerseys and obtaining it is often a large part of a job.